In this article you will learn how to upload your Patterna puzzles to the Steam Workshop and change levels that you have already uploaded. The article assumes that you have already created a level to upload. If you are looking for information on how to build a level, go here.
Uploading a new level
- Go to the main menu.
- Select the Extras submenu and click on Steam Workshop. In this menu, you can see all of the levels that you created and are subscribed to.
- Click the button labeled New. Now enter the name and description for your puzzle in the Steam Workshop. Note that you can change this information at any later time.
- Use the button in the bottom labeled Select Level File and navigate to your level’s JSON file.
- When you are done, click Submit Changes. You may to wait a few seconds for Steam to process your interaction.
- When the file transfer is done, your puzzle’s workshop page is opened in the Steam Overlay. You can now edit the page to your liking before setting it to public.
Updating an existing level
These instructions only apply if you want to edit the actual level itself. Everything else can be edited from the level’s Steam Workshop page.
- Make sure that you are subscribed to the level for which you want to update the level file.
- Go to the Steam Workshop menu in the game.
- Select the level you want to update from the list on the left.
- Click Select Level File and select the new file for the level.
- Click Submit Changes.